DIRECTV® COM3000 Headend Hotel Television System by Technicolor
The COM3000 Headend takes the next step in providing the TV experience Hotel guests are clamoring for. It is the latest in a line of revolutionary headend television systems from DIRECTV. This system is the smallest and most powerful headend TV system available for hotels, RV parks and campgrounds, assisted living facilities, senior living facilities, healthcare, campuses, institutions, bars, restaurants, and other commercial applications.
AT&T continues to change the world of video with the launch of COM3000. This is the third generation of our DIRECTV® for Business video headend. With it, businesses will get more channels than ever. Plus, they’ll find it’s easier to customize. COM3000 Headend can deliver up to 138 HD channels, including 4K HDR programming. And business owners can add channels one at a time, including their own in-house and over-the-top (OTT) channels.
The platform can also help businesses prepare for the future of video programming delivery through easy customization. As business and entertainment needs evolve, business owners can download software upgrades, instead of installing costly hardware.
The 1st thing you will notice is that the COM3000 provides true 4K TV. COM3000 will support DIRECTV’s current 4K channels as well as the HDR and high-bandwidth programming of the future so it’s truly futureproofed.
138 HD channel capacity
Since the COM1000 was introduced for use on DIRECTV® Hotel TV Systems, the competition has tried to copy it. Even expanding on the number of channels available in a single receiver card. Technicolor has packed access to up to 23 channels in a single COM51A receiver card.
Remote Management and Service
Like the COM2000 access to the Technicolor COM3000 headend is via a web browser, meaning that if channels need to be changed, service needs to be done, or you want to utilize channels to provide welcome screens and local information, it can all be done remotely.
• More channels in less space
• Up to 23 HD or SD channels per blade
• Up to 138 HD channels in 3 RUs (5.25”), 276 HD channels in 6 RUs (10.5”)
• Easy to expand platform that can support hundreds of channels
• Supports 4K HDR satellite broadcast channels
• QAM and/or IP video distribution
• Local management through an integrated web interface
• Remote management for all properties from one interface
• Local and Over‐the‐air content insertion
• Hassle‐free installation
• Third generation COM System design
• Backward compatible to allow for easy expansion of existing deployments
• Plug and play platform
• Environmentally friendly & energy efficient
• Even more efficient design than the already eco‐friendly COM2000
• FCC‐tested as Commercial Grade Equipment (designed for harsh environmental conditions) with low energy consumption
• Fully loaded COM3000 requires less than 300 watts of power consumption ‐ the lowest power consumption per channel in the industry