Working in the Dark Denying the True Cost of Network Downtime
As the price of downtime increases each year, it’s more important than ever to stay connected. Does your business continuity plan have a failover option for unexpected outages?
How often does downtime occur?
Even with 99% of uptime businesses will still experience 87+ hours of downtime per year
What is the average cost per hour of downtime, with high availability?
• All Companies (Averages) $163,674
• Large Companies $686,250
• Medium Companies $215,637
• Small Companies $8,580
What are the top causes of Network Downtime?
1. Faults, errors, or discards in network devices
2. Device configuration changes
3. Operational human errors and mismanagement of devices
4. Link failure caused due to fiber cable cuts or network congestion
5. Power outages
6. Server hardware failure
7. Security attacks such as a denial of service (DoS)
8. Failed software and firmware upgrade or patches
9. Incompatibility between firmware and hardware device
10. Unprecedented natural disasters and ad hoc mishaps on the network such as minor accidents, or even as unrelated as a rodent chewing through a network line, etc.
How does Downtime Impact Business?
• Loss of data
• Risking a security breach
• Loss of productivity
• Loss of customer goodwill
• Loss of revenue